Online Businesses Encounter
Monday 29th of November 2021
Europe 15.00 (CET)
Brazil 11.00 (BST)
The format of the event will be a series of short inputs covering most of the supply chain followed by a session where audience can interact with the speakers.
• Keflico – Kasper Kopp, Head of Sourcing & Compliance
• FSC International – Kim Carstensen, Director General
• Stichting Probos – Mark van Benthem, Director
• IMAFLORA – Marco Lentini, Senior Project Coordinator
• CONFLORESTA – Leônidas Dahás, President
• AIMEX – Eduardo Leao, Executive director
• BNDES – Ludmila da Silva, Analyst on Forest Concessions
• FSC Brazil – Daniela Vilela, Director
Register in advance for the Zoom event here
Background: A united group of timber importers representing significant import volumes of timber from Brazil to the European market signed an open letter in June 2021 calling for more FSC-certified area in Brazil. In the letter sent to the Brazilian forest sector, the signatories aim to motivate the market of sustainably sourced timber and increase awareness on current and expected market demand and requirements in Europe.
This event follows up on the letter and initiates a dialogue on challenges and opportunities seen from the Brazilian perspective.
The open letter can be found in English and Portuguese here
Languages: The online encounter will be in English. The event will be recorded and later subtitled into Portuguese. It will be accessible from Keflico’s and FSC international’s website.
Duration: ~1.5 hour
Organized by: Keflico
Facilitated by: Forest Stewardship Council
Contact Information: Kasper Kopp, Keflico A/S – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event benefits from the support of Price Albert II of Monaco Foundation (www.fpa2.org)